Reinstallation of XP home

Sparkly 09:29 22 Mar 06

Hi earlier this week i posted a problem (windows start up fails at the windows welcome screen (hangs)i have folled suggestion on how to repair windows with the xp cd and still it wont work,as this is a new pc i have built and has been running well for the past couple of months if i do a complete reinstall of windows will i have to activate it again and will this be a problem when i try to activate over the web,Thanks.
click here

rmcqua 09:31 22 Mar 06

If you can,t re-activate on-line, just 'phone Microsoft and use the telephone method. Very simple and hassle-free, as long as you only intend to use the OS on one machine.

Batch 09:40 22 Mar 06

As long as the hardware hasn't been changed to a material extent, activation "should" go smoothly.

Sparkly 10:53 22 Mar 06

Thanks guys the xp disc i have is new and legal bought it from ebuyer with the hard drive and no other changes to the system has been made.
Thanks
As i said everything was fine untill one morning then the %*&$ hit the fan as they say.
Cheers

Batch 12:22 22 Mar 06

I'd recommend getting something like Acronis True Image so that you can avoid this hassle in future. It seems to be well thought of by many on this forum. It takes a matter of minutes to create a backup image and the same to restore (works best [e.g. fastest] if you keep your data on a separate drive (logical or physical].

Version 8 of True Image works fine and you can pick it up for around £8 - £11 (+postage) on Amazon Marketplace - just download the latest update once you've got a pukka licence.

Sparkly 16:33 22 Mar 06

Thanks Batch and all who have given advice.
Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…