REINSTALLATION QUERY

novis 20:10 17 Dec 09

I have a Toshiba Equium laptop which runs MS Vista. However I want to change back to Windows XP so that I can run software that doesn't run on Vista - and, as it has only 80gb of harddrive which is partitioned, give me a OS that is less space hungry.

However the Recovery Disk which came with the Toshiba *I assume* also has the Toshiba specific drivers.

So how do I access only this part of the Recovery Disk and then load XP from another source / disk?

I would appreciate any advice on doing this and confirmation that my assumption about this is correct.

Thanks.

tullie 20:12 17 Dec 09

Have you tried the Toshiba website?

OTT_Buzzard 20:13 17 Dec 09

I don't specifically know the Toshiba recovery disc, but if it follows the same format as all the others I've seen, then you won't just be able to install specifics.

Check the Toshiba website for the relevant drivers. Certainly for my Toshiba laptop everything was available that came with the laptop and then some on top....

novis 20:56 17 Dec 09

Perhaps I'm over-reacting here - there has to be something already installed on the laptop [i.e. the Toshiba software] to run the Windows installation, so perhaps I'm worrying unnecessarily.

As to the Toshiba website there are things to download but nothing that appears to be relevant.

I suppose I could always have a try and see what happens - and worst case scenario, use the Toshiba restore disk.

woodchip 23:21 17 Dec 09

If you have a Recovery CD that you got with the PC try starting PC with CD in the Drive

woodchip 23:22 17 Dec 09

Sometimes you have to press a key as its starting like F8 or F4 etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…