reinstall of xp

Head hurts 23:21 24 Jul 07

i need to reinstall xp home on my aged laptop i have the rinstall cd's and a floppie for erasing and partitioning the hard drive. my question is that as this was purchased shortly after xp was introduced when reinstalled i will go back to the basic xp without service packs, i have service pack 2 but not 1 do i need service pack 1 first and if so will all these updates still be available on windows update? any advice much appreciated.

Stuartli 23:22 24 Jul 07

I'd partially replied to your misplaced posting - SP2 includes SP1.

brundle 23:23 24 Jul 07

SP2 includes all the SP1 updates. You may want to consider Autopatcher to get all the updates in one go; click here
If you want SP2 on its own; click here

woodchip 23:28 24 Jul 07

You do nt need SP1 as above. It would have been a lot easier with an Acronis Image

Head hurts 23:46 24 Jul 07

thanks for the help and the links, appreciated

Jack Hackett 04:15 25 Jul 07

While you're at it, make yourself a new XP installation CD with SP2 integrated into it.
click here

Go even further and add/integrate all post SP2 updates into it too, Using RyanVMs post SP2 update pack
click here
and Integrator
click here

Stevie07 19:40 28 Aug 07

Hi - I to have to reinstall Xp but only have th eoriginal sp1a disk and a seperate sp2 disk. Following the instructions given by Jack Hackett all works well until I try and update. When I attempt this I get an error message that states that I cant update a cd that already has update son it. Please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now