Reinstall windows ME on desktop

henza_mapenza 12:23 30 May 04

My Cousin recently tried to access her school work on her laptop with Windows ME installed however a message came up just when it was about to load the desktop. The message was a bad one saying you must "Re-install Windows". She has lots if important coursework on her computer and it would be a shame if she lost it all. Is there a was to either bypass the problem so she could access and save all her work onto floppy disk or is there a way you fix the problem WITHOUT having to delet her important work off the hard disk? THX URGENT!

VoG II 12:27 30 May 04

If you just do an over the top installation of Windows it will leave her documents intact.

Pesala 12:30 30 May 04

Is she has a startup floppy disk she should be able to boot up to that to access the hard drive from DOS mode. Then copy files to floppy disks before reinstalling Windows.

If you don't have a startup disk, you can create one on another PC running Windows ME from Add/Remove programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…