reinstall windows / graphics / sound card

plork 10:41 01 Nov 05

hi all

ive recently reinstalled windows, but having all sorts of grief trying to get the graphics and sound card installed

I install the drvers for the graphics card (ati all in one radeon 32mb) and the screen hangs i have to reboot several times before it will boot into windows. when i eventually get it to boot into windows i install the drivers for the sound card (platinium live 5.1)and reboot, but it doens't boot properly i have a blank screen, led is on both monitor and pc, it's like it's gone into hibernation mode, several reboots it goes into windows

i start to use the mouse but after say a min the mouse will hang and iget no response from the keyboard so have t hard reset.

i've resinstalled windows several times now, and this is becoming really annoying, can anyone help me out

PaulB2005 11:13 01 Nov 05

Does it hang before you install the drivers?

plork 11:49 01 Nov 05

No after installing windows it is fine

PaulB2005 13:59 01 Nov 05

Have you tried downloading newer drivers for the graphics card? Sounds like a problem with the ones you have.

plork 16:23 01 Nov 05

no haven't dowloaded newer drivers, i'm using the ones on the disc that came with the card

the pc was built for me so all cards, software i'm trying to put back on will be the same when i received the pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…