Reinstall windows , a few questions !

curlylad 17:39 22 Oct 05

A friends PC running win98se is totally messed up to the point where a clean install I feel is necessary.

I have a boot disk and Win 98SE CD , originally the sound card drivers needed to be installed before the sound card itself ,so do I need to remove the sound card then continue with the format ?

Can someone give me a site which offers a simple to follow instruction for how to perform the format or can someone here help with this ?

As usual all help greatly appreciated !

VoG II 17:40 22 Oct 05
  Stuartli 20:02 22 Oct 05

Don't forget the "Unofficial" Windows 98SE Service Pack (which will save a lot of work) afterwards, which can be donwloaded from:

click here

curlylad 18:21 23 Oct 05

Thanks for the links guys.Right keep me covered , I'm going in !

curlylad 21:16 24 Oct 05

Yes the operation went well , no problems at all!

Well one minor teething problem that I'm sure can be ironed out quickly , it takes quite a while to boot up .It starts the process and gets to the windows 98 wallpaper screen and seems to spend about 45 seconds to a minute here , the screen then blacks with a white flashing cursor top left for about 20 - 30 seconds and then it kicks in as if nothing is wrong.

Any thoughts on this one ?

Oh and by the way thanks so far for the help including the unofficial update , most useful !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…