//some 3rd party need geo

reinstall which drivers first?

dieselnc 22:14 29 Dec 04

I am about to format and reinstall win98se.As system keeps crashing, is there any required order to reinstall drivers. my dvds will not playback properly . Thanks in anticipation !

Totally-braindead 22:37 29 Dec 04

Order
1 install operating system, in your case win98
2 install motherboard drivers, you should have a disk for this that came with your motherboard
3 install the rest
Its important to do 1 and 2 before you install something else, after you've done that install your monitor graphics card printer etc, the order makes no difference, the essential bit is to install the motherboard drivers before installing any of the bits and pieces. Incidently the one essential driver to make sure you have before you format is the one for the modem, cos if something doesn't work right you need to be able to get on the net to download drivers or get on the PCA forum for help.

woodchip 22:51 29 Dec 04

IDE drivers go on first, but if it as onboard Sound etc it may load them all when you put the CD in automaticly

woodchip 22:52 29 Dec 04

The above is the Motherboard CD that I mean

dieselnc 01:12 30 Dec 04

thanks all for the help will get on to it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…