Reinstall and Reformat Windows, MS Office Question

Major Disaster 11:47 28 Oct 05

Im thinking or reinstalling windows to get rid of a few poblems im having and clear out some of the rubbish on this 3 year old system.

I have now installed Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition. When i reformat all my programmes will be deleted (obviously). So i will have to reinstall them all. MS Office allows only 3 installs. Ive used 1 to install it now. When i reinstall Office, after the reformat, will this count as onother install (even though it is same pc, motherboard etc. just with more ram) and so leave me with only 1 install left? Or will it recognise that this is the same pc and so leave me with 2 installs left?

Thanks for the help

PaulB2005 12:16 28 Oct 05

No. As it is the same PC it'll not count as another install. The license allows you to install it on 3 different Pcs and not3 re-installs.

Confab 12:18 28 Oct 05

Never know office to only install3 times. I've installed it more than that on my PC. Do you have to rigister it again or something? If you re-format your HD how will it know you have previously installed it?

Just curious.

Confab 12:19 28 Oct 05

Answered my question.

Thanks

PaulB2005 12:19 28 Oct 05

The license allows the installation on 3 seperate PCs in the same household.

Major Disaster 13:00 28 Oct 05

Thanks for the response.
Confab - there is a label on the front of the box saying "licensed for noncommercial use on up to 3 home pcs".

So we interpert that as can be installed on 3 DIFFERENT pcs, with unlimited reinstalls on each??

Thanks for the help

PaulB2005 13:03 28 Oct 05

The license allows the installation on 3 seperate PCs in the same household.

So we interpert that as can be installed on 3 DIFFERENT pcs, with unlimited reinstalls on each??

Yes as long as significant changes to the hardware are not made.

sattman 13:08 28 Oct 05

I was considering upgrading but not if this limit applies, if the above is fact then I will keep to my office 2000 version

PaulB2005 13:08 28 Oct 05

"I was considering upgrading but not if this limit applies, if the above is fact then I will keep to my office 2000 version "

What limit?

Major Disaster 13:29 28 Oct 05

Thankyou PaulB2005.

The only hardware changed is adding 512Mb of RAM apart from that i have nevner opened the case. Would this matter?

Thanks for the continued help.

PaulB2005 13:37 28 Oct 05

No. Upgrading RAM won't count if you upgraded the processor and the motherbaord then it would but minor individual parts like RAM or adding / replacing a network card or modem don't count as a major change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…