reinstaling xp home

matt1234 20:29 24 Jun 04

hi

my windows has become a bit unreliable and i thought that i would unistall windows and reinstall it but this is the first time ive ever attempted this so can anyonne give me tips on how to do it and what to watch out for?

also do i have to take all my data off or can i leave the data on and put windows back on with it back where i left it

matt

Mikè 20:53 24 Jun 04

click here to Repair Windows XP by Installing Over top of Existing Setup:

ayrmail 20:56 24 Jun 04

click here
this may help.

matt1234 21:15 25 Jun 04

could some one plz give me a detailed decription eg.step by step guide on how do it as im a bit of a dummy at new stuff

SANTOS7 21:17 25 Jun 04

click here as an XP user you will find this more than uesfull, good luck

VoG II 21:20 25 Jun 04

The link that Mikè posted is fairly step-by-step.

If you want a clean install (wipes all your data) click here (thanks to spikeychris for that one).

To do an over-the-top reinstallation (*should* retain all your data but backup anything really important to removable media first):

Boot from the Windows XP CD.

Let the Setup go through the first part of the Installation procedure.

When you come to the screen in which it says "Welcome to Setup." press Enter to Setup Windows XP.

Press F8 to agree to the End User License.

Let the Setup search your system for previous versions of Windows.

When the Setup is finished searching your system, select your Windows XP Installation and press the R key on your keyboard to start the Repair Procedure.

Setup will delete all major system files and then replace them with new copies.

You will have to download all of the updates from Microsoft Windows Update again because it replaces the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…