reiinstall system like was new

gudruole 10:32 28 May 08

hello,
i want to reiinstall(restore)system on my computer sony vaio windows xp media center edition like it was the first time,when i bought.Please,can you help me with that?my recovery discs doesn't work(cannot to open).i tried restore system,but it's not that.
Thank You so much.

hiwatt 10:40 28 May 08

There should be an option to restore the computer to factory settings usually by tapping f10 or f11 at boot up.Just remeber to save any data you need 'cos you'll loose it.

jakimo 12:58 28 May 08

The only way to re-install windows to its factory settings is the recovery disc,but you lose your settings & installed third party software.

The restore option will return you to the last working condition without losing any installed software

T0SH 13:54 28 May 08

Why don`t you visit the support section of the Sony web site they have manuals for download and FAQ`s which seem to cover the how to restore to factory settings in detail for most Vaio models

Try here look at the bottom of the page in the most popular section ?

click here

Cheers HC

gudruole 16:27 28 May 08

thank you so much for the information,was helpfull.but i have another problem as well :)
i would like to remove as well bios password from the same sony vaio,cause it's slows down my computer.Thanks

hiwatt 08:54 29 May 08

If you enter bios by tapping f2 there's an option to disable the password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced