Regular screen freezing

weeme 18:30 30 Oct 03

Please help...I have windows xp. Recently my screen has started to 'freeze' on a very regular basis. What I mean is that when I try to click on anything on the screen I'm working on, the damn thing just freezes up and nothing will work. The only way out is to press Ctrl/Alt/Del and stop the whole program through the Task Manager. This only used to happen once in a blue moon but now happens every time I'm on the PC.
What can cause this and how do I fix it??? (Simple terminology please!)........

A_World_Maker 18:35 30 Oct 03

you say it only unfreezes when you stop the programme? what is the programme? Sounds like that is the culprit.

weeme 18:50 30 Oct 03

NO, it happens on anything I've got on the screen, not just one particular program......
I have installed a few programs recently for my child. Could one of these have mesed up my PC???

A_World_Maker 18:56 30 Oct 03

XP should be 'backwardly compatible' (scuse me whilst I snigger)... its a possibility, if it installed its own screen (display) drivers. Try re-installing your graphic cards drivers. Take a peek into your Device Manager and see if any of your devices are showing either a red cross and or a yellow exlamation!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5