Regseeker registry cleaner

hiwatt 12:17 07 Feb 08

Hi folks I just gave regseeker a try.For those of yous that use it in the keys section there's entries for invalid services(experimental) and scan drives for old exe entries.Should I tick these?These boxes were unticked but when I ticked them it found some stuff.I'm just not sure if I should clean them or not?Thanks.

sunny staines 12:22 07 Feb 08

with reg checks always keep to default settings, and only keep to recommended ones, they are a lot of bad ones out there that promise the world but are dreadful. keep to what people on the forum recommend.

try winaso or eusing free reg cleaner.

I have winaso and it's 1 of the best i have used.You can only repair 10 items at a time but you can use it as many times as you like.

cocteau48 12:37 07 Feb 08

RegSeeker does create an automatic backup so you should be able to backpedal out of any disasters and restore everything back to pre-deletion.

Sea Urchin 12:48 07 Feb 08

I use RegSeeker, and am quite happy with it, but I have always left it on the default settings as advised by sunny staines

Earthsea 14:14 07 Feb 08

I've used Regseeker for yonks and always let it scan drives for old EXE entries. Never had a problem. Remember to run it at least twice to make sure it's cleaned everything.

I let it scan for invalid services once, with no ill effects, but think it's generally better to leave 'experimental' things alone.

hiwatt 15:29 07 Feb 08

There's 10 entries(invalid paths) that when cleaned keep reapearing.Mainly old java entries and adobe.Any ideas why it detects them but wont clean them?Just curious.Thanks.

Earthsea 15:44 07 Feb 08

Don't worry, I've got 3 on mine that never shift (Sony and two I can't remember). Don't know why but nothing to worry about.

Earthsea 16:11 07 Feb 08

Incidentally, Auslogics Registry Defrag is worth running too. click here

It can be a bit fussy about background processes which is why EndItAll2 is useful. click here

sunny staines 16:12 07 Feb 08

auslogics is always worth running after heavy reg repairs, i use it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced