RegSeeker - opinions

Jester2K 10:43 03 Jan 04

Anyone use RegSeeker click here?

I've had to switch to this from jv16 PowerTools to use as a reg cleaner. Even thought i cleaned the registry recently its bought up 600+ entries that can be cleaned.

How safe is it to remove all the entries it finds? I've been going through the list manually but i can only DEFINITELY remove 30 or so entries manually. The rest look like they could be removed but i can't be sure!

Is this product reliable in its findings?

Terrahawk 11:16 03 Jan 04

just running it on a spare machine (ok the wifes she doesnt know yet)will del everything listed and see what happens if i dont post back ive done a runner before she realises ive trashed her machine LOL

btw test machine win2k p2 400

here goes

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:29 03 Jan 04

Been using it for 2 months and I delete everything it comes up with without even checking. IMHO a far superior and better specced product than JV16. Set a system restore point, if you are nervous and delete everything it comes up with. The deletions are saved to a backup file so you can replace them.

G

Terrahawk 11:43 03 Jan 04

found and deleted 224 entries have had a cursory glance at most used progs IExplorer windows explorer outlook & AV plus a few other bits and bob's running.All seems ok at the momment obviously only a short term insight, however there is a back up facility in the program if things do go a bit pear shaped.

hoverman 12:06 03 Jan 04

Installed RegSeeker yesterday. Found and deleted 105 entries - no problems so far.

Jester2K 13:53 03 Jan 04

I've got GoBack installed so i'll set a point and give it a go. I'll report back...

Jester2K 14:29 03 Jan 04

So far so good....

Cheers

joeltr 15:43 03 Jan 04

i have just downloaded regseeker, and it found 1500 entries, it seems to be ok after deletion, backed up just in case,

joel.

beeuuem 16:00 03 Jan 04

Tried regseeker and removed all 301 entries it found. It seems less stringent than jv16, which IMHO is a good thing. Is it only in my imagination that my system seems to be faster?

Jester2K 16:01 03 Jan 04

Mine seems snappier!!!!!!

Jester2K 16:03 03 Jan 04

Oh and RegSeeker keeps finding c:\ program files\adobe\reader\acrob32.exe (or something like that) as none existent - when it is there!! If i remove the reg entry then the next time i open Acrobat it reinstalls first!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…