//some 3rd party need geo

regseeker - not a query, just observation

pookie 12:36 20 Sep 04

hi

i've used regseeker to clean registry for some time. i know that any registry cleaner can cause problems if the wrong entry is erased and that caution should be used.

i did complete reformat/reinstall on xp last night. then i ran regseeker out of curiousity and it picked up 55 entries when i ran registry cleaner? these 55 were either 'path not found' or 'obsolete' - seems very strange straight after a reformat/reinstall?

P

Diodorus Siculus 17:06 20 Sep 04

pookie - even the MSRegcleaner program used to do this on a clean install of Win98.

Probably references of used files which were left over during the install / configuration process.

NickyK 22:32 03 Feb 05

I use this fairly regularly and almost always get between 22-45 entries, almost always "Obsolete entry" or "File path not found" or "Non-existant file" etc. I always delete after backing up, though I do look throught the log to make sure there isn't an entry that is risky.

The rule? If in doubt, don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…