Regseeker back up problem

justkevin 23:55 23 Dec 07

Before using the Regseeker cleanup I clicked on #
Backup ,this brought up just three entries;
Restore Desktop Icons
Flashplayer 9
Fixaddremove
surely I need to back up more than this?

Gongoozler 07:52 24 Dec 07

Which version of Regseeker are you using? I use version 1.35 beta build 1203, and when I "clean the registry" Regseeker has tick boxes to back up all the registry components.

justkevin 10:32 24 Dec 07

I am using version 1.45

Gongoozler 10:57 24 Dec 07

I just downloaded and ran version 1.55. I selected Backup before delete and chose to delete all detected entries. In the backup folder I now have clean-24-12-2007-10.49.28.reg, Flashplayer9.reg,, FixAddRemove.reg, and Restore Desktop Icon Pos.reg.
I can only assume that the Regedit designers consider that the user might want to restore Flashplayer, FixAddRemove (whatever that is) and the Desktop Icons independently from other registry entries.

justkevin 13:57 24 Dec 07

Hi Googoozler
You deleted All detected entries? does that mean you wiped it clean and just restored the ones you wanted.Never touched the registry before so I don't want to come unstuck

Gongoozler 14:15 24 Dec 07

Hi justkevin. I've never had problems with deleting all detected entries - the backup is just in case this goes wrong, but in several years of using Regseeker it has never yet let me down. If you want to err on the side of caution you can delete only green entries, these are the ones Regseeker is confident are safe to delete. The red entries it has less confidence over, but I always delete the lot.

Gongoozler 14:16 24 Dec 07

To clarify - when you select "Clean the registry", Regseeker only shows entries that it detects as deletable, not the whole of the registry.

justkevin 11:08 27 Dec 07

Surely just those three entries shown as deletable out of about thirty couldn't make much difference,these three are shown when Clean the registry is selected

Gongoozler 07:54 28 Dec 07

Hi justkevin. When you run "Clean the registry", how many entries (shown as Total:) does Regseeker find?

kimjhon 19:31 28 Dec 07

In the Backup folder of Regseeker you will find all the backup files.
Open one in Notepad and you can see all the items you have deleted on the date shown.
5 yrs using RS without a single prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced