RegSeeker

Jackcoms 19:07 07 Feb 05

I've recently stated using RegSeeker, as recommended in this Forum.

The first time I ran 'Clean the Registry' it identified 472 entries. I duly deleted all of these (and took and back up). That was a week ago.

I ran it again today and it found another 30 un-needed registry entries.

I haven't changed the registry, I haven't installed or un-installed any new software in that time.

Why/how have these 30 new unnecessary entries appeared?

Dan the Confused 19:23 07 Feb 05

Don't worry, when you reboot Windows will put back a lot of entries. It's normal.

Jackcoms 19:28 07 Feb 05

Thanks for your quick reply.

Just out of interest, if I'm not making any system changes or installing/un-installing software how often is it necessary to run RegSeeker - weekly, monthly or is that a silly question?

NickyK 19:28 07 Feb 05

I agree with the above. If you can be bothered and have the time, get to know the re-entries. You'll probably find they're almost always the same each time.

NickyK 19:33 07 Feb 05

For an average user who isn't going anywhere dangerous, once a week is more than enough. If you are downloading music etc, you might decide to use it more often.

Don't forget to use this from here:

click here

Cleans out yer temp files and generally keeps things clean and smooth.

Dan the Confused 19:37 07 Feb 05

Personally, I run RegSeeker once a week as part of my housekeeping routine. Once a month would probably be okay as long as you don't do a lot of installing/uninstalling. Note that when you run it, run it again after in case more invalid entries are found (and again if necessary).

Dan the Confused 19:41 07 Feb 05

CCleaner is also a good program, although I use CleanUp! click here

Jackcoms 19:53 07 Feb 05

Thanks for all your replies. Problem solved.

And I already use CCleaner :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now