RegScrubXP, unable to update

anniesboy68 16:05 PM 08 Oct 03

For some reason or another RegScrubXP will not update via the internet. Says internet access unavailable. Firewall is set to allow and all other programs connect. As this is a freebie is it set not to update. Any ideas?? This is despite three installs.

MIke 17:48 PM 08 Oct 03

I got regscrubxp, but can't see how you update it. If you tell me how I'll try my version

Lionheart? 18:15 PM 08 Oct 03

Same problem as MIke, can't see how you update it.

anniesboy68 19:33 PM 08 Oct 03

Go to Misc on the right hand side next to help, and then update is on the left at the top

MIke 19:46 PM 08 Oct 03

I'm using version 3.25, not sure if yours is the same, on clicking misc I'm taken to another window that allows you to alter some of the settings eg allow updating of time via net daily instead of weekly, disable cdrom autorun,change system font amongst other options. The only button on this window is one marked XP Tips and Tweaks which brings up yet another window with, as it says tips and tweaks. There is no update button as such.

Are you using a different version to Lionheart and myself?

anniesboy68 20:12 PM 08 Oct 03

Using 3.1 will update and report back cheers

anniesboy68 20:24 PM 08 Oct 03

Mike.....Unable to find v 3.25, only earlier versions. Have you the web address or could you possible send it to me please. Its still free I believe.

VoG II 20:26 PM 08 Oct 03
  MIke 21:50 PM 08 Oct 03

I see VoG beat me to it. I got my copy off a coverdisc anyway not by download.

The link I have is click here
but appears broken at the moment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know