RegScrubXP Problem

doggon 21:39 08 Sep 05

Hi all,

I have seen many recommendations for RegScrubXP in this forum so I thought I would give it a go.
It found 78 problems so I selected "Fix all" and it repaired one and then stopped responding. I closed it down with Task Manager and had another go. Same again. I then uninstalled the program and did a reinstall. Tried "Fix all" with exactly the same result.

I then tried fixing one at a time, that worked, so did two at a time and also three. Each time I selected four for fixing the program stopped responding. I then fixed the entries one at a time until I had just had one left, as follows;

Select
L (K)

Section
Uninstall

Full Key
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information

Main Key
InstallShield Uninstall Information

Value Name

Value Data
Null

Problem
No values for this key

Each time I try to fix this the program stops responding. Same happens in Safe Mode.

I have no computer problems that I am aware of and regularly run crapcleaner including the issues option.

Any ideas on this as it has me puzzled.

GaT7 21:58 08 Sep 05

Since it's just the one entry, let it be - it won't do any harm : )G

doggon 22:08 08 Sep 05

Yes I realise it won't do any harm. Before running RegScrubXP I obviously had 78 entries that were not doing any harm. I know my post may appear a bit petty but I wondered why RegScrubXP stops responding when I select "Fix all" That's my main problem.

cheers.

Sethhaniel 09:06 09 Sep 05

to upset the cart - as they say
try copying (or deleting) any group of files anywhere and if one is a 'system file' or a bad file it stops the rest from being copied.
Maybe the 'key' is being shared by some program and can't be deleted - is there an option for excluding files - so you can earmark that 'key' so it will clear all around it.
I use Regseeker which lets you pick & choose which files to include in search ;)

doggon 22:06 09 Sep 05

Thanks for your post and the advice given. There is an exclusion key in RegScrubXP so you can exclude any entries from being included in the search. I will also try another reg cleaner, Regseeker maybe as you have mentioned it, to see if I can clear this entry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…