RegscrubXP

Simsy 20:11 18 Dec 06

Folks,

I've just done a little cleanup using RegscrubXP, and after doing it "Shockwave Flash" isn't working. I've done system restore, to just before I did the cleanup, and all is well again, so it must be that XPRegscrub "cleaned" somethng it shouldn't have...

Anyone else experienced this? If so have you identified what it's doing so I can tell it not to!

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 20:14 18 Dec 06

Yes I've experienced it but, no, I don't know what it is doing.

VoG II 20:27 18 Dec 06

I've discontinued using RegscrubXP because of this. I am using Registry Mechanic click here which is so good that I've paid for it.

spuds 22:02 18 Dec 06

If you keep RegScrub and also use Registry Mechanic, then you may need to untick Registry Mechanics on RegScrub problems found.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 02:24 19 Dec 06

dont know if this is similar but it removes something from my adobe flash, everytime i run it i have to download it again but it just repairs it, ie downloads the first bit then says already installed when i get to the second part, then everything's back to normal, i run it every month and cant for the life of me find the issue in regscrub to uncheck!

Simsy 05:22 19 Dec 06

Seems it's not just me then!

I'll leave this unticked in case someone knows what it is and posts a cure!

Regards,

Simsy

Dekka123 07:50 19 Dec 06

This happened to me and I cured it by restoring the registry and by trial and error found the culprit. It turned out to be one of the clsd files so if you put all of these files on your exclusion list it will solve the problem

brundle 08:37 19 Dec 06

Seeing as RegScrub hasn't been updated since December 2002 it's surprising it doesn't cause more than that one problem.
I switched to Eusing Regcleaner. click here

mike1967 08:49 19 Dec 06

The site mentioned above makes Mcafee Site Advisor turn red(not good)

brundle 08:59 19 Dec 06

So it does,but only because the site links to Red sites, the 24 (?) downloads are marked green. No signups or payment required, works for me.

mymate 09:31 19 Dec 06

here is registry mechanic 5, free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video