Registry/Configuration Error

Lizzy-J 17:01 16 Jul 03

After installing some Creative software on my home PC (and having a member of my family messing around with it!) this is now what my computer tells me when I turn it on.

It says I need to use SCANREG to fix it - which means nothing to me! Can anyone help?

I've got Windows ME installed

woodchip 17:09 16 Jul 03

Start with a floppy start disc from click here When you start with the floppy disc at A:\> type SCANREG/RESTOR or SCANREG/FIX and press enter you will get a list of dates choose a date with the arrow key before the prob and press enter

Willow12 17:10 16 Jul 03

You have to put the ME startup floppy disk in, not the CD. If you need one go to click here and download the OEM ME bootdisk. With your computer off, put the floppy in and turn on your computer. Choose start with no cd-rom support, you will end up at the A prompt A:/>, type C: and hit enter, at the C:/> type scanreg /restore (note space between g and /) and hit enter. Then choose a date before the problem started. Use the arrows to navagate. Then reboot your computer.

Hope this helps

Willow12 17:10 16 Jul 03

Lizzy-J 17:17 16 Jul 03

Thanks both - seems simple enough, I'll give it go!

woodchip 17:19 16 Jul 03

Space does not mater if you can remember for next time the that's the point of forward slash

ollie < one> 17:30 16 Jul 03

Lizzy-J 09:21 17 Jul 03

I downloaded this yesterday, i.e. save as on A:/ but when I started up my PC at home with the disk in, it said it didn't recognise it - to enter a new disk and press any key to proceed.

Am I doing something wrong (again)?

leo49 09:37 17 Jul 03

2 things -

when you downloaded the bootdisk maker, did you run it to create your bootdisk?

And have you set the bios to boot from the floppy?

Lizzy-J 15:56 17 Jul 03

I don't think I did run it to create the boot disk ... just clicked on save to my floppy disk from the boot disk website

How do I set the bios to boot from the floppy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…