registry restore?

kalstras 19:55 04 Mar 04

How do I restore my registry from an earlier time...

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 04 Mar 04

Depends on your operating system. If win 98, boot to DOS and type

scanreg /restore

and you will get an option there.

kalstras 20:03 04 Mar 04

how to boot to DOS?

powerless 20:07 04 Mar 04

Whats your OS?

Diodorus Siculus 20:10 04 Mar 04

I take it you have win98? If so, go to shutdown and take the option to restart in DOS mode.

Give some more info before doing any more though.

woodchip 20:19 04 Mar 04

Go to start Shut down and choose DOS

Kalb 21:21 04 Mar 04

Hey up kalstras have you got stuck in DOS?
In Win98 SE at the C:\Windows> prompt type scanreg Check Your Registry dial box appears
Click Start...Registry report dial box appears offering a choice at the bottom of Create Back Up, View Back Ups or Exit. Choose View B Ups and you have a choice of dates to restore.
A good tip if for example you lose your screen definition, can't see the desk top or whatever because of a change in the resolution settings, refresh rate or something then of course you can't see to get into DOS this way...then you need to shut down and start up using the Win98 Startup Disk. At the DOS prompt change the A:\ prompt to C:\ prompt and type scanreg This allows you to restore to a point before you lost your windows screen settings

kalstras 23:33 04 Mar 04

going to PC World and getting new computer... virus found, b.stards they are everywhere!

thanks all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…