Registry probs

The Dazza 19:36 22 Jul 05

I've just built my own pc and now I keep getting pop ups saying "Messenger Service, Message from system to user. An error has occured. There are invalid entries in your windows registry. A scan is recommended immediatley. If these problems are not fixed, you can experience system crashes & error messages" then goes on to recommend various web sites. Is there likely to be something wrong with my registry? If so were can I download a free registry repairer? Also were is the registry stored, is it the HDD?

woodchip 19:43 22 Jul 05

the best thing you can do is turn of Messenger in services as you have picked something up of the net. go to control panel\administrator\services disable messenger by right click properties

The Dazza 19:49 22 Jul 05

..done that. So what does all this mean, are they just adaware/spyware? Is my registry likely to be screwed? If so how can I fix it?

woodchip 19:55 22 Jul 05

I think You reg is OK Messenger is a known weak link in Windows that is tuned of by default with SP2 install, you may have a Trojan. Doubt you will get the message now

The Dazza 19:56 22 Jul 05

...........star!

woodchip 19:59 22 Jul 05

keep a eye on it but i would do a check on your drive with a online scan for virus and trojan

stalion 20:16 22 Jul 05

scan with a2 to check your system
click here

The Dazza 22:16 22 Jul 05

..I downloaded a2 on found 28 malware files, whatever malware is! Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…