Registry problem with Win ME

Rockhopper Pro 23:49 18 Oct 03

When I run the MS registry checker it tells me that there is a problem and that Windows will repair the problem, close down and restart. ME does close down and restarts without a problem, however if you run registry checker again the same message that there is a problem etc comes up.
So I end up in a loop.

I suspect that the MS registry checker simply loads the previous version of the registry ( which obviously has the same fault)but makes no attemp to repair the registry. Everything seems to work OK, but I would like to fix the registry. Third party registry utilities are no help as they seem to run the registry checker before doing anything, and the loop starts again.

VoG II 23:56 18 Oct 03

Have you tried a System Restore back to a time before this problem manifested itself?

hugh-265156 23:57 18 Oct 03

jv16 powertools is very good click here

woodchip 00:13 19 Oct 03

Or load ME over its self

MichelleC 10:28 19 Oct 03

Or try this (if you can in ME):
Go to Start > Shutdown, and choose 'Restart the computer in MS-DOS'

At the blinking cursor, type the following commands successively, hitting 'enter' after EACH line:

cd\
cd windows\command
scanreg /fix

The Scanreg tool will now proceed to rebuild your registry, which can take some time.

When it finished, type exit or win, followed by hitting 'enter' to return to Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…