Registry problem with Epson Scanner

Shouty 15:58 07 Jul 03

Have had Epson Perfection 640U scanner working for months. Out of blue error message stating 'Registry data read error' and 'There is no Registry data for Epson Smart Panel for Scanner'.

I have uninstalled all and re installed but it is always the same.

Any idea of what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

recap 16:03 07 Jul 03

Search the registry (remember to back up before going into the registry) for anything relating to your Epson scanner and delete it. Then you should be able to reinstall the software.

microswift 18:16 07 Jul 03

I have the same scanner and get the "there is no registry data etc." message, but only in xp user accounts, scanner works ok in administrator, just had a look at epson support, it says that epson software will only work in administrator or user accounts with administrator rights, is any of this relevant for you?

Shouty 20:58 08 Jul 03

recap/microswift

Thanks.... did the job with the registry, removed all reference to trhe programme, and reinstalled several times.

Now, all I get is anerrotr message stating 'Pl;ease install the supported Twain driver' even when I use the update from Epson Download site. No sugn of problem in Device Manager so am at a loss still!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…