Registry Problem

yeldud 19:13 30 Mar 07

I run Solidworks on a laptop using Windows Pro, if your settings get corrupted a method of getting over the problem is to open regedit\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and rename the Solidworks file to Solidworksold and restart the program, this creates new settings hopefully without any corruption,it does work! It works unless you alter the file in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, this creates a real can of worms. After uninstalling the program and exhausting all the advice from my software supplier I now have the problem that I cannot re-install the program, all get when I try is 'Soliworks Master Setup Cannot open Registry'. I can't wipe the disk because I would then lose the licence which is not just a few numbers. Can anyone help me please?

Terry Brown 19:29 30 Mar 07

Have you tried using RESTORE to go back to an earlier time ?
Download BELARC (try Google)and print out the text,this will include all your software keys.
I assume the license is a piece of software,why can't you save it to a USB or Floppy drive.You could try a registry cleaner,but--you may do more harm than good.
You could go in to the registry and search for all references to SOLIWORK and delete them- again at your own risk.
As has been said on a number of occasions,unless you are 100% sure 'Do not mess with the registry'
Terry

yeldud 19:40 30 Mar 07

I was sure of what I needed to do but careless!The licence is generated over the internet so I don't think it's just as easy as making a copy. My experience of registry cleaners has not been good so I would rather leave them alone unless absolutely necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos