Registry not loading and profile not found

Rhuddlan 10:19 14 May 03

I have already posted a thread about this problem, but to my amazement no one responded. When I was n m computer a few nights ago, I entered my password as normal and about 20 seconds later I got a message next to my user name on the startup screen saying that the registry cannot load and that my profile could not load as well, it may be corrupted, all other users accounts worked fine, I have got Win XP Home SP1 and I took a look in the event viewer afterwards and it said the same thing here too, that no information could be found in the registry, sorry for posting this thread again, regards, Rhuddlan.

MichelleC 10:40 14 May 03

They were all watching 'i'm a celeb'...

I'm not too up on xp but have you tried restoring back to a previous. Or go into dos and at command type 'scanreg/fix'.

Rhuddlan 11:31 14 May 03

I have now restored to a previous point, that's the first thing I did, can I scan the reg by going to start and run, I'm not to good when it comes to DOS mode, thanks for the reply, Rhuddlan.

MichelleC 12:16 14 May 03

If there's any reg conflicts the command 'scanreg/fix' usually sorts things out. if it doesn't fix we can try something else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…