registry mechanic woes?

Probabilitydrive 17:33 12 Nov 06

I just renewed (subscription) of PC Tool's Registry Mechanic.

I downloaded an up-dated Version and expected to
find (on opening) a box in which to put my "license-key number" (paid for 1 year).

Alas, on opening the programme, I still get the "subscription alert" (your subscription will end in 10 days...)and the programme shows its old license number.

I un/reinstalled, re-booted...to no avail.

Question:
Even after a complete uninstall and subsequent reinstall the subscription alert is still there.

If I want to completely remove Reg. Mechanic-what folders/files/registry entries would I have to access/remove??

Would I than be able to download a fresh install, which would give me tha option to use the license key number?

help appreciated.

isca2 17:35 12 Nov 06

Have you asked PC Tools what the problem is ???

Probabilitydrive 17:44 12 Nov 06

I got in touch with them and they said they received my subscription-so, from their side the subscription has been activated.

They also send me a list of things to do (i.e. unistall/reinstall/up-date..etc..) nothing which I haven't done before, so, no joy.

My reasoning is:
if I remove everything to do with Reg. mechanic, I then would also get rid of this "subscription alert"

I then could download a fresh install (limited version), which I could turn into a full version with my (paid-for) lisence number.

Only thing is: I'v never dabbled in the registry, so I need to know exactly what to delete (if anything at all that is)

Miros 18:11 12 Nov 06

After you un-install Registry Mechanic you could try using click here registry scrub.

VoG II 18:14 12 Nov 06

If Registry Mechanic uses the Windows Installer (I think it does) you could use click here to remove the registry entries.

Probabilitydrive 18:16 12 Nov 06

Thanks Miros, I carry our(infrequent) registry sweeps, of which the latest was this afternoon.

Still no joy regarding a solution for the initial issue.

Probabilitydrive 18:26 12 Nov 06

VoG™ tha, I used the windows Uninstaller utility in the past (to remove Office 2003) and ...you might have guessed...ran into problems.

Why? Because I did'nt read through its do's and dont's carefully enough.

Took me a long time and a complete reinstall to resolve that.

Am slightly weary (burnt fingers and all that jazz..)

Will do a good reading and may use it,if no other takers have a Plan B...C...(count down to Z)

birdface 21:28 12 Nov 06

Remove it from, Add Remove, Run C Cleaner.And then reinstall.

Probabilitydrive 22:16 13 Nov 06

Tha, I decided I'll wait (10 more days) till the subscription ends and let you know if my dream machine exploded..;-)Thanks for the advice, I keep you updated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now