Registry Mechanic - List of Problems ???

freaky 13:53 27 Jan 08

I have just run this program on two of my PC's :-

This PC has 512 problems, the other has 1265.

I'm wary of doing anything further in case it will cause more problems than it solves.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cocteau48 14:03 27 Jan 08

Have you got "create restore point before repair" ticked in the settings menu.
If so then just let it delete what it finds - any problems and you can run windows system restore to reinstate the restore point created by Reg Mechanic.

sunny staines 14:05 27 Jan 08

never had errors running RM. But thats does sound like an excessive amount of errors for each pc.

cocteau48 14:09 27 Jan 08

sunny staines
Yesterday I installed a .NET Framework service pack (don't ask its a long story) and ran Reg Mechanic after the eventual successful installation- it came up with nearly 2000 items. All deleted with no problems.

p;3 14:29 27 Jan 08

why did you download the program in the first place; are you having problems with your computer or did it come 'requested' on a pop up you got on your computer?

the term 'if it aint broke don't mend it' comes to mind::))

cocteau48 14:42 27 Jan 08

"did it come 'requested' on a pop up you got on your computer?"

Registry Mechanic is not one of those dodgy reg cleaning programs which finds dozens of errors and expects you to buy the program before it fixes them.
Version 5 is free to download.
Version 6 was recently offered with a free one year licence from one of the computer mags ..and
Version 7 is the latest (paid for) version.
As sunny staines says it has never caused me any problems.

freaky 16:30 27 Jan 08

Hi all,

I have version 5.2.0.310 which I bought a few years ago, but never used it.

Touch wood I have no problems with this PC (512 problems). The other PC which is 3-years old and 1265 problems does have a problem.

Occasionally when booting I get the following message: - Stop: C000021A (Fatal System Error)

Status of OXC0000005 (OX000000 OX000000) System has been shut down.

Occasionally although it boots OK, when I use Internet Explorer 7 I get the message: -

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. It then asks for an Error Report to be sent.

I have done a Google search on the Fatal System Error and there are numerous possible causes including the Registry, hence my using Registry Mechanic.

I am using Windows XP Home (SP2).

john bunyan 16:38 27 Jan 08

cocteau48. Sorry to ask! I'm having probs with MCE after a reinstall - see thread in digital. A solution may lie in .NET framework service packs so maybe you could look at my thread? Thanks. sorry to intrude.

sunny staines 17:04 27 Jan 08

go for the fix in RM

freaky 21:51 29 Jan 08

Will close this post as the situation has resolved itself without using Registry Mechanic.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:36 29 Jan 08

use it at least once a week to keep your registry in order. It's no good doing nothing for years and expecting the PC to run smoothly.

I run quite a few junk removers including Reg Mechanic and CCleaner, both excellent programs when used regularly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…