registry mechanic-how long?

fly2hi 08:46 18 Jun 04

Hi..
running registry mechanic (free ver) for the first time and it's been going for about 30 hours, finding 200 problems so far. I appreciate that the size of the registry will affect the time it takes but does 30 odd hours seem normal. I'm assuming it continues to run in the background.

johnnyrocker 08:51 18 Jun 04

i would say it looks like a big problem to me.

johnny.

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:08 18 Jun 04

Problem is (if I remember correctly) it will only fix the first 6 problems.

That is apart from the fact that your pc sounds like it is a bit unwell.

It may be worth trying this click here - it was recommended recently by one of the regulars here (sorry - can't remember who) and I have downloaded it a it works just fine. It also sorts out all the problems not just the first few.

Fruit Bat 14:39 18 Jun 04

30 hours? somethings wrong ditch it and use this

Registry cleaner :-
Easycleaner click here ( Use with care, It advises you to back up the registry first, this is a good idea as it cleans rather aggressively. )

fly2hi 18:20 18 Jun 04

Thanks guys,
Yes pc is a bit unwell, to say the least, hence the need for some deep cleaning or other more drastic measures. Had already downloaded Regscrub and was intending to try that next. Couldn't quite believe that a scan would take that long so thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…