Registry Mechanic 5.2

RobCharles1981 20:23 15 Jun 06

Ive read about this product in the past and was wondering what this is like??

VoG II 20:29 15 Jun 06

In my experience excellent - so much so that I stumped up for it.

RobCharles1981 20:38 15 Jun 06

I got the 3.0 edition but I discoverd the new version 5.2 from the pctools website which I'm downloading, where do I find the key to activate ?

dogbreath1 21:46 15 Jun 06

I'm with VoG™. This is one of the very few apps. that I have or would pay for. Really very good. It's not too vigorous in it's registry cleaning and although I always check each item before deletion, experience has taught me that it is a safe app. to use.

dogbreath1 21:56 15 Jun 06

...choose the buy option on the PCTools website. By logging your email address they will be able to forward the activation key following payment.

lifteri 15:20 29 Jun 06

This is a very nice program. It helped me fix some annoying issues that IMO would otherwise require windows reinstall.
For me it's definitely wort its money, but if you find it a bit expesive - search the web for a discount! At click here for example you can get it for 10% less.

johndrew 15:28 29 Jun 06

Registry Mechanic 4.0 was on a PCA cover DVD not so long back - December 2005 I think - I still use it as it picks up some fragments that Ccleaner click here somehow seems to miss.

However, Ccleaner is both free and excellent at cleaning up the rubbish. I ran it for the first time after having used Registry Mechanic for a month or two and it reduced the size of my Windows files by nearly 50%.

Your choice, but before spending the money you might like to give it a try.

JYPX 21:03 29 Jun 06

Rob_24_Wales, keep an eye on the magazine cover discs in the shops. Versions 3 and 4 (as reported by johndrew) have already been on PCA discs, and version 5 was free with Personal Computer World about 3 months ago. Actually I prefer version 3 and have stuck with that - there is a definite performance gain from RM, but I have not seen any advantage from "compacting" the registry which is the main reason for choosing the newer version.....

squillary 01:48 30 Jun 06

CCleaner is so "good" at cleaning out rubbish it removes stuff you want as well. I've switched no end of things off from its checks and still find it's removing far too much. Use with extreme EXTREME care IMO and if in doubt, don't.

I wonder if that makes it unusable. Nothing fatal, but highly inconvenient.

Migwell 06:33 30 Jun 06

Over the years R.M. has been so good I have kept stumping up for the newer and better versions as they came along.
That is not normaly my way of doing things, as I dont part with money easily.It has kept my windows and computer running like a dream now for three years since my last format. which used to be about every 3 month. Go for it and buy R.M.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…