Registry Mechanic 4.0

Angry Kid 21:19 07 Nov 05

I have just loaded this from the recent cover dvd. However, after running it it has found plenty problems on my system. Please can anyone tell me if it is safe to repair all items without causing me chaos?

Sans le Sou 21:36 07 Nov 05

You can ask it to make a backup file to replace the removed items before deletion. If your machine needs a more gentle clean use crap cleaner instead.

Angry Kid 21:44 07 Nov 05

I do use CCleaner on a regular basis as recommended on this forum and have had no problems at all. A very good program indeed and getting better with each update.

Is anyone able to give me the benefit of their experience using Registry mechanic 4.0?

Migwell 22:47 07 Nov 05

Kept me out of trouble for 12 months. So much so I have up-graded this year to Reg Mechanic 5.0 and that cost me money, and that I don't like. Being a bit of a skinflint you understand. Yes go for it it's worth every penny.

Sans le Sou 16:05 08 Nov 05

You do not indicate what the problems are.

woodchip 16:09 08 Nov 05

Only thing that I untick is items where I know that the link in registry is to the CD drive. Or things that concern me that they may disable something important

Angry Kid 20:18 08 Nov 05

Migwell, Sans le Sou, woodchip

Thanks very much for your comments.

I have run the program this evening and after making a back up copy gone for the 'repair'. All appears well and no problems found on a further scan.

Thanks again ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…