Registry Mechanic 4

jimbolds 16:55 04 Nov 05

I cannot register with PC Tools Registry Mechanic from the free DVD with issue 125. It does a scan shows me lots of faults and then refuses to remove them

woodchip 17:04 04 Nov 05

Why cannot you register. I loaded it on my 98se comp and it registed strait away

jimbolds 17:09 04 Nov 05

I aqm operating on XP home, I also have the free CD and that goes the same way. I bought the CD first then discovered what I wanted was on DVD, it worked.

woodchip 17:10 04 Nov 05

I got the PCA CD version. But it when on OK

woodchip 17:12 04 Nov 05

I am a bit wary about loading something like that on my XP computers as I find XP east to mess up but hard to put right. Where 98 is a doddle to repair

Tel 01:13 05 Nov 05

I have used Registry Mechanic 3 for some time and have recently installed RM 4, without problems, onto XP Pro with SP2

joseph K 13:08 05 Nov 05

I used to find registry mechanic great with XP Pro Corp. Don't they have a version 5 out now? if they do perhaps you could update to that. It certainly didn't worry me as it seems to have done Woodchip. Though I certainly agree with him about XP being easy to mess up. I found it the next worse thing to hopeless, that's why I switched to Linux Suse 9.3 which is both free and wonderful.

joseph K 13:11 05 Nov 05

You could also consider RegDoctor, that's not bad, neither is WinDoctor, that comes as a part of Symantec's Utilities suite. There are some who will say thayt this can be a bit vicious, but it didn't cause me any problem over almost two years of usage.

engsurv 14:30 05 Nov 05

"Nowt so queer as folk" or should it be "nowt so queer as computer systems" or maybe both?
Ask any ten users about a program and you will get ten different answers.
I have used Registry Mechanic for three to four years on an old computer with OS 98se and a new computer OS XP with sp2 with no problems whatsoever.
Maybe we should be querying the computer systems a bit more than programs or the people who use them?
As the advert says "now theres a thought"

Batch 17:25 05 Nov 05

V5 is out, but V4 is free on the cover CD

lester1 22:49 05 Nov 05

Loaded fine for me registration no problem XP SP2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…