registry mechanic

lake 18:17 27 Jun 04

Has anybody used or heard of registry mechanic by WinGuides. Is it a good programme and worth purchasing?

ianeon 18:21 27 Jun 04

I use it - I have recently updated to the latest version - It seems very stable and does everything it is supposed to.

Rogmur 18:48 27 Jun 04

Hello
Yes I was having terrible instability problems with my Mesh Matrix XP3000 and Mesh were not able to solve the problem, so I researched my own solution and came across Registry Mechanic.
I bought and installed the software, and thankfully the errors it found were repaired and I have not (touch wood) had any instability problems since. Therefore, I would recommend it as it does exactly what it says.
Kind Regards

Rogmur

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:59 27 Jun 04

Downloaded the trial version - but didn't think it did anything that you can't get from free utilities.

bertiecharlie 20:22 27 Jun 04

lake.

I purchased Registry Mechanic and on its first run it found around 70 errors which it deleted. Used it one a week for the next four weeks and it found no further errors.

I then got TuneUp Utilities 2004 click here which includes a registry cleaner. It found a further 400+ errors in the registry which Registry Mechanic had failed to find.

The TuneUp programme costs around £25 but is well worth it, given all its extra features, which include a one click maintenance button. Registry Mechanic is around £17 I think.

The TuneUp programme backs up everything you delete in the registry but I haven't had to restore anything yet and it finds about 20 errors, on average, per week just by doing everyday things on the computer.

Mikè 20:41 27 Jun 04

I can recommend System Mechanic click here

Dan the Confused 20:50 27 Jun 04

Similar post click here

bertiecharlie 22:17 27 Jun 04

Need to eat my words a bit. I was using Version 2.1 of Registry Mechanic, bought about three months ago, but have just downloaded Version 3 and done a scan. It found 104 problems in the Deep Registry which the Tune Up Utilities registry cleaner hadn't found.

Version 3 is obviously better but, at this rate, there won't be anything left in the registry to clean.

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:37 27 Jun 04

i often use the trial version, and have had no probs, it has many usful tools, i alternate between that and the trial vrsion of tune up utilities, as one trial runs out another begins.

spuds 22:43 27 Jun 04

Registry Mechanic 1.0 is a free dvd cover disk this month in Computer Shopper.Requires special on-line registration for change from 30 day trial to full copy free version. Upgrade to latest version available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…