Registry - Legacy Folders

badgermansix 20:45 PM 23 Jun 11
Answered

WindowsXPPro I have noticed in the tree of the registry of my PC that there are a lot of Folders called Legacy, and that there are programms there that I have used in the past but have uninstalled, like AVG and Zone Alarm etc What are these folders doing there when I have uninstalled the programms with the Uninstall option of that programm.

Can I remove these?

Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 PM 23 Jun 11

Try a safe registry cleaner like the tool in CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Run Ccleaner to get rid of all junk files then click Registry and scan for issues, do the scan several times until no issues are found.

badgermansix 22:13 PM 23 Jun 11
Answer

Fruit Bat/\0/\, Thanks for that, I do use ccleaner and also WinAso quite often. It was just that I came accross these folders and wondered to what purpose they are serving, and can they be/should they be deleted, as I did notice others that I no longer have installed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites