Registry Fix-it websites

MOMORRIS 16:04 30 Apr 05

I have recently built a new machine and am currently running Win 2000 Professional. Ever since i went online for the first time, i've been getting these annoying popups from different Websites, informing me that i have critical errors within my Registry. I have purchased a copy of Norton Antivirus and Firewall 2005 with the utlities package. Thinking the utilities would sort out any Registry problems and i think it has, becauuse i've had no blue screens of death and all applications installed, appear to be functioning correctly. I still get these annoying popups, any ideas please, would be appreciated. Will i need to get the latest SP for Win 2000 PRO? and if so where would i acquire such an animal? Many Thanks MO

VoG II 16:06 30 Apr 05

Are these Messenger Service pop-ups? click here

MOMORRIS 16:36 30 Apr 05

Thanks alot, this seems quite feesible will attempt to turn of windows messenger service and see what happens,
Cheers

Buchan 35 23:13 30 Apr 05

It might be worth your while buying the DVD copy of PC Advisor and looking at Advanced Uninstaller and System Optimiser. Just a thought!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009