Registry Fix

suedeblue 11:31 19 Sep 07

Could anyone please recommend a registry fix program as I have encountered a problem with some missing file extensions.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:44 19 Sep 07

Regseeker free and good....click here

G

FreeCell 12:11 19 Sep 07

Also try CCleaner click here

Cleans out general junk on your PC but can also clean registry.

Just select the "Issues" option in left column to clean registry settings. Choose to save settings before deletion just in case you want to reset.

Technotiger 12:34 19 Sep 07
  suedeblue 12:52 19 Sep 07

Thanks everyone for the help and recommendations.

Gandalf, I tried to download Regseeker, but cannot get it to extract and when I try to convert it to an exe. file it crashes.

Do you have any suggestions to get round this problem please.

cocteau48 13:34 19 Sep 07

suedeblue
Have you managed to download the zipped file?
Is it that you cannot get that file to extract?
Once extracted it produces a folder which,when opened,has the .exe prog in it and which then will run just by clicking on it.
It does not require to be installed.
If you do manage to run the prog please be aware that it is vigorous - create the backups recommended and,even more belt and braces,create a restore point before running it -just in case!

birdface 13:34 19 Sep 07

You could try this program.Dial-A-Fix.click here Sorts out lots of different problems.I think you press the green tick ,then press go.It's a while since I used it so maybe someone will let you know if it is the correct method or not.

suedeblue 15:53 19 Sep 07

Thanks Cocteau48 & Butemen. I'll give it a try.

FreeCell 16:35 19 Sep 07

Marg7

CCleaner fixes Registry integrity problems so it does remove some redundant entries as well. So does RegSeeker under "Clean the Registry".

Fixing a damaged entry can be quite complex and suedeblue hasn't given any other details on the nature of the problem. If it requires manual registry editing then CCleaner doesn't help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…