Registry file failure?

daf501 13:51 09 Jun 06

Hi, on starting my sons PC, i've been gettina a blue screen with "registry file failure" message appearing. I've tried starting in same mode, but it keeps going back to this screen. Even if i insert the windows xp disk to try a repair, still it returns to this screen, help !!

bosmere 14:07 09 Jun 06

If it's not an OEM copy of XP try click here

ade.h 15:43 09 Jun 06

At the very least, you will need to use the Recovery Console and run chksdk /r because this failure is often caused by a bad sector that just happens to develop in the worst possible place!

This is the best workaround for reg file failures of this nature because there's a good chance that it's a hive file. Hives cannot easily be replaced via the RC because they get heavily modified; replace a hive file with the original and watch your PC fail to boot. click here and check out the link in uppercase text.

ade.h 15:47 09 Jun 06

Forgot to add; chkdsk repair will get you back in, but be prepared for it to happen again pretty quickly, possibly even at the next boot. It can, IME, become a vicious circle and I gave up and reinstalled in the end. The reformat allowed Windows to find and mark the bad sector and avoid using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…