Registry File Editor Needed

Muslimat79 15:28 08 Jun 04

Hi. Please I received a registry file for an application which required me to click it and follow the instruction. It's a registry file which registered itself into the Windows registry database.

I would like to know if there's any software I can use to edit this registry file. Thanks for your support always

BurrWalnut 15:37 08 Jun 04

Run and type in regedit.

If you want to clean up the registry, get RegSupreme from click here

It's only a 30 day trial version (less than £10 to buy outright) but it will sort out all the spurious entries. It's prudent to back up the registry before running it.

rawprawn 15:47 08 Jun 04

click here Good and safe registry cleaner freeware

Muslimat79 16:01 08 Jun 04

Thanks for your quick response. But I need is an editor program. There's this file I received for an application with a registry file that ask me to click so that the program will register itself into the registry database. Is there a way I can edit this file itself before I let it register into the registry?

Confab 16:15 08 Jun 04

To edit the registry click on start then run then type "regedit" and your registry will appear. But I think you're asking for a prog to edit the file you have?? What type of file is it and what does it do?

I would think from your post that you are not that experienced with editing progs and or the registry so I would be VERY VERY careful about attempting this on your own.

At worst you'll end up with a unbootable PC for someone to fix for you.

VoG II 17:01 08 Jun 04

Try opening it in Notepad.

GaT7 18:06 08 Jun 04

Right-click the .reg (registry) file & click on Edit. It'll open in Notepad (as VoG mentions) & you can then edit it. PRIOR to each edit attempt, save a copy to another location so if you mess up you'll always have the original to work with. Be careful & good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…