registry entries

eysha 21:41 11 Sep 08

I have some 5585 entries in my registry as found by superspywear -is that too many and if so how do i sort it out?

skidzy 21:53 11 Sep 08

"I have some 5585 entries in my registry as found by superspywear"

Im afraid you will have to give us more information eysha.

Was the program Superantispyware ?

If not,can you post the exact name of the program you have used.

The registry can contain many thousands of entries and most of them will be legit,however if you are infected-this needs looking at.

Fried~Chips 23:30 11 Sep 08

just run the clean-up option after a Scan. May be sensible to make a back-up of anything you worry about just to be safe.

birdface 00:18 12 Sep 08

Superspyware.never heard of it.Do you mean Superantispyware.Registry Cleaner.You want C Cleaner.

birdface 04:39 12 Sep 08

It is not highly recommended. click here

eysha 18:39 12 Sep 08

It was Superantispywear as recommended on here somewhere. should i uninstall it?
I am not sure i am infected as there are no signs that i am aware of but my lapto0p is running very slow, annoyingly so. i had thought of wiping the hard drive but i know my laptop has to go back to the makers soon as the electric connection is very loose now so i was hanging on till then as it has to be wiped to return it. it is a Toshiba Satellite.

User-1229748 19:24 12 Sep 08

superantispyware is fine but in your original post you said superspywear which is not :-)

eysha 19:42 12 Sep 08

My mistake, it is definitely SUPERantispywear.

mfletch 19:43 12 Sep 08

Has SAS picked up 5585 entries on a scan?

Have a look at my site it will give you a idea on how to use SAS

The Squatters Arms click here

eysha 19:47 12 Sep 08

Thank you mfletch, I will go read and learn.
E.

mfletch 19:49 12 Sep 08

Your welcome to join if you wish,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…