Registry Editing. Removing Programme Traces.

Flopper 22:09 25 Jan 06

I installed a 'backup' copy of a well known CD/DVD burning programme on my PC and it worked Okonce or twice and after that every time I went to burn something it ejected the blank media with a message along the lines of 'Please Insert A Blank Disk'.
I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled an earlier version but I had the same issue.
The only way as far as I can see to reinstall any version is to wipe my drive unless I can possibly edit the Registry. I have spotted entries to this software in the Registry in the path:
Local Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current version/Installer/Folders.
On this page under the column Data there is a number 1 against all instances or subfolders for this programme.
Is it simply a case of deleting these entries (I have already uninstalled this software and backed up the Registry) or do I edit and change the 1 to a 0 or is there something else I can do?

VoG II 22:11 25 Jan 06

Run this click here

Flopper 12:41 26 Jan 06

I tried this programme and another and my original test highlighted the software in question as a problem but the one you recommend did not so I am slightly confused.

eqskey 13:18 26 Jan 06

Editing the registry is a very topical subject .Worth a look click here

palinka 15:30 26 Jan 06

what I do when traces of an unwanted program remain is Start>search>all files & Folders and type in the name of the program . Then click Search now, and delete all it finds.
If you've already installed another copy of the program that complicates things, but you can perhaps get round it by renaming the new copy "xxx2" BEFORE you starty the search/delete operation. Or, better still, remove the new copy, delete all traces of the previous (as described) then re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009