registry deleted :-(((((( Win XP

swapper 17:10 18 Apr 03

Like a complete £$%^& I managed to delete most, if not all of my registry by misusing ""Easyclean".I am now back up and running to a degree, but I find that when I go to "Start" "All programs" Although I can see the programs listed, most of them show empty!

VoG™ 17:12 18 Apr 03

Have you tried System Restore to before you had this "accident"?

swapper 17:17 18 Apr 03

I should have gone on to say that I can still use some of the progs by going via "My Computer"
Also, while using easyclean, I did save the Registry listed in HTML format and also in >txt format. but these will not copy and paste, nor can I import them back.
I know what everyone will say.. "what a idiot" but I've called myself mor than that:-)))
Any ideas please.

swapper 17:19 18 Apr 03

Crikey VoG, were you waiting for me :-))
My Restore has not worked properly since I have had the PC, despite every effort to get it going via this forum.

spikeychris 17:20 18 Apr 03

swapper you can not copy and paste registry files. Have you tried VoG™'s option?. There is also the option of Last known good config, which you will find if you boot up and hit F8.

swapper 17:29 18 Apr 03

I'll try F8 now, I have just noticed that when I "Start" and double click "help and support" nothing happens :-(

swapper 17:36 18 Apr 03

spikeychris, Thanks anyway, I did try F8 but no change. (I'm getting depressed :-( )

powerless 17:38 18 Apr 03

I think you have messed up bigtime...

Repair XP from the XP CD or wipe the drive clean and format and reinstall.

spikeychris 17:41 18 Apr 03

Powerless is probably right (post enough responses and your bound to get one correct ;o) The repair option is your next call. You could first though click here and follow the instructions, its easier than it looks.

swapper 07:56 19 Apr 03

How do I repair from the XP CD please? I could not see tthat option.
You could first though click here and follow the instructions, its easier than it looks.
I down loaded the instructions for this....Oh! my god :-))

Andsome 08:14 19 Apr 03

To reinstate the registry you do not copy and paste. If you double click you can select re-merge.

Regarding the reg cleaner, I tried with one of those programs once, and had to reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…