"Registry data not found"

lizmoran 18:52 11 Nov 03

Please can you help.
When I start up ( windows XP ) I get a box which say " Registry data not found " and OK. It doesnt seem to make any difference but I dont know what it is.
I am a novice to this, so I need all the help I can get, in plain English please.

Thank you
Liz

VoG II 18:59 11 Nov 03

Has it always done this? If not try running System Restore back to a time before the problem Started.

Start, All programs/Accessories/System tools/System Restore

OneSirKnight 19:09 11 Nov 03

How long may i ask have you had Xp?

lizmoran 20:05 11 Nov 03

I have had new pc for 3 months, but this problem started Saturday, I had problems with it crashing which has never happened before. I though I must have downloaded a bug or something, I cleared all the downloads I didn't want, these were ones from internet not preinstalled or anything I wonder now if something has messed up

VoG II 20:08 11 Nov 03

Try a System Restore (as above) back to Friday.

lizmoran 20:17 11 Nov 03

Thanks, but just tried system restore and it has told me it" cant restore to this point", it went through all the process and then said it couldn't do it, do I keep trying different dates?

VoG II 20:26 11 Nov 03

You could try another restore point.

If that doesnt' work then:

Reboot and then keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen appears. A Windows Advanced Options menu should appear.

Use the Arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

This should reload your most recent settings that worked.

OneSirKnight 20:35 11 Nov 03

follow VoG's advice, and if that fails
Repair your XP installation..
1: Reboot with XP CD
2: Select Setup Windows XP(ignore "R" repair)
3: Press F8 accept EULA
4: Press R and select your damaged XP installation to repair.Your configuration should be intact.

GoodLuck

lizmoran 20:59 11 Nov 03

Thanks, have tried restore again and it still will not work, will try reboot, will have to be tomorrow no more time tonight. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…