registry data?

rosie 08:37 17 Nov 05

When I booted this morning, I received a dialogue box informing me that the computer had recovered a file containing lost registry data and that the recovery had been successful, so click on OK. Is there any special reason - an action I may have performed yesterday - that caused this? Or is it, so to speak, spontaneous?

Diemmess 09:30 17 Nov 05

Just guessing. Perhaps during the last shutdown something tripped, or delayed too long and was tagged as corrupt.
When you booted this am, a comparison didn't check out properly and clever coding allowed the error to be overwritten with last time's "list of things to do"

Perhaps that's crediting XP with more than its due, but if it doesn't become a regular feature - forget it.

(That OK button is a pain sometimes isn't it? You know disaster is only one click away but have only the option to click and enjoy!)

rosie 09:47 17 Nov 05

Will take your philosophy on board and forget it - unless (until?) it happens again :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…