registry cleaning software

gul 19:30 05 Apr 03

Any ideas for some good registry cleaning software.

I have some refernces on my XP pro system to an old netgear FA310 network card which is not allowing me to install NTL broadband using the ethernit option

Dr. Charles 19:37 05 Apr 03

If you don`t know how to sort out your registry I would use a programme like you suggest with great caution. Whatever you do make a backup and a copy of your current registry.I don`t know if "Reg Clean" might help you, but its as good as anything, and its free

Regards,

Charles

tippucat 19:38 05 Apr 03

I use 'ashampoo' that I got as freeware. Seems to do the trick. Not sure whether this fully answers all of the question, though?

AndySD 19:42 05 Apr 03

click here power tools is one of the best there is.

Belatucadrus 19:43 05 Apr 03

click here for a selection of freeware registry tools, the best are JV16 Powertools & RegscrubXP.

Patr100 19:55 05 Apr 03

I occasionally use RegCleaner from here click here

gul 20:27 05 Apr 03

I tried all the above programs

Yje adequately get rid of the entries to the FA310 NIC but Outlook Express stops working

I understand that I might have to get hold of the old card and install it in the machine and then through device manager uninstall the drivers

Thanks all

Any other ideas welcome

AndySD 20:36 05 Apr 03

Try Going Start/All Programs/Accessories and choose Command Promp.

At the Prompt type in

ipconfig /release

and hit Enter

Type in

ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter

Type in

ipconfig /renew

and hit enter

It may well solve your problem.

harryuk 20:40 05 Apr 03

use usb for broadband it's better try right click on my computer properties device manager disable it if it is there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…