Registry Cleaners. Which do I believe?

Dumble452 11:08 11 Mar 05

RegScrub reports 6 problems but RegistryFix finds 353 problems. I set up a restore point before running them but haven't used either to fix the reported problems.

PsiFox 11:10 11 Mar 05

It really all depends on what the indidual program defines as a problem.

can you give examples of what they find?

Psifox

Greengage 11:11 11 Mar 05

Good question. I've just done the same with Reg Cleaner and Registry Mechanic - the first shows just 6, the other 160!

Sethhaniel 11:43 11 Mar 05

temp files - temp internet files -cookies - etc before running the reg cleaners as some list all these as faults ;) Especially the trial ones that need money to activate - they find everything that a normal rebbot of trhe computer clears -

-Good test - run reg cleaner to get report - then reboot and run again and see the difference ;)

Happy Soul 12:38 11 Mar 05

That's why I use click here it's like a gentle soap compared to bleach. Delete everything it finds and no problems.

Dumble452 07:29 15 Mar 05

I think Sethhaniel has hit the nail on the head. I didn't initially realise that RegFix was just a trial version and not freeware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…