Registry Cleaners

swapper 20:52 16 Jul 10

Earlier today I ran PC Tune up (Zone Alarm Extreme Security) it told me that I had 227 found objects, most of the being "High Priority".

I have just run ;- WimASO Registry optimizer,Ccleaner MyDefrag, Advanced System Care (Free), and Privacy Guardian, after all that I ran - PC Tune up again.

this told me that I had still had 214 found objects

Window Registry Application Path Sections (found 6 objects).
Window Registry COM?ActiveX Sections (Found 202 objects)
Window Registry File extensions (Found 5 objects)
Window Registry Sound and Appevents Sections (found 1 object)

I thought that WimASO and Ccleaner would have found the majoiry of these problems?
Any advice please?

tia

northumbria61 21:08 16 Jul 10

I am not a great believer in Registry Cleaners especially if things are running okay. You are going to get different results running that amount of utilities as you have found out.

totallytechy 23:26 16 Jul 10

Registry cleaners are useful for repairing windows after a virus infection etc, but I am not sure they offer much in the way of speeding up or stability.

Every company has different databases and what one will say is a bad key another will be ok with. Like defragging, run once and then don't worry about it.

Paul.
Totally Techy click here

swapper 07:05 17 Jul 10

northumbria61, totallytechy, thank you for your responses.
I take on board what you have said.
I usually use just Smart Defrag and Ccleaner, but was pointed in the direction of WimASO Registry optimizer, MyDefrag, and Advanced System Care, thinking what one prog. missed another would not.

thanks again

onthelimit 09:11 17 Jul 10

I really think you are overdoing this - I use CCleaner alone, and my PC runs fine.

swapper 19:02 17 Jul 10

onthelimit,
>I really think you are overdoing this..

So do I, but I get a bit carried away at times?
however, I will stick with just Ccleaner.
It all started because my PC seems to have slowed down quite a lot, and when I thought I'd give the registry a thorough seeing to, I had a look at PC Tune-up, and this told me that I had hundreds of High Priority objects, and I thought, if they are that critical why can't Ccleaner find them?, so I tried another cleaner, and so on..
but you are correct, I've gone ott and will sort it.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…