'Registry Cleaners'

SPQR 11:58 01 Apr 05

are there any registry cleaners which work well and safely? i have heard they can speed you pc quite a lot.

rawprawn 12:01 01 Apr 05

click here Best I know.

SPQR 12:04 01 Apr 05

is it likely to delete registry files i need? i used one of these before, and it screwed the pc up unimaginably badly.

rawprawn 12:12 01 Apr 05

No. it is very safe and it also backs up automatically. It is very safe.

Yoda Knight 12:21 01 Apr 05

click here for Toni Arts' EasyCleaner

SPQR 12:43 01 Apr 05

say something did go wrong (ie last time windows wouldnt start properly, so couldnt do anything other than reinstall windows) - how could you fix it?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:01 01 Apr 05

make a back up of your registry before you start
click start/run in the box type regedit hit the enter key.

When registry opens select file tab then export. give the file a name selct a location to save it then click save.

If something goes wrong so long as you can boot into windows go through the same procedure but select import then find and select the saved file

SPQR 13:18 01 Apr 05

in regseeker, it came up with 1539 files that i could delete, since there are so many, would it be best to just leave it? as there is probably a high chance one of them is needed...

Yoda Knight 13:33 01 Apr 05

How long has ur registry been active ? Theres a higher chance this is junk !

Backup ur registry and delete them....

rawprawn 13:35 01 Apr 05

As a Roman Citizen take a chance and delete them. I have been using Reseeker 2½ years on a regular basis and deleted everything it has found with no problem. If you are really worried do as Zaphod Beeblebrox says and back up the entire registry. If you are so worried, leave it all alone.

rawprawn 13:36 01 Apr 05

As a Roman Citizen take a chance and delete them. I have been using Reseeker 2½ years on a regular basis and deleted everything it has found with no problem. If you are really worried do as Zaphod Beeblebrox says and back up the entire registry. If you are so worried, leave it all alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…