Registry cleaners

Rogerfredo 10:51 31 Jul 04

I downloaded a registry cleaning program from the "Fresh Download" site mentioned in this forum.
When I tried it out, it found 67 invalid entries in my Win XP registry. However, in order to "clean" these, I would have had to register and pay about $20.
I thought I would try out some other programs first. I then down loaded "Registry Medic" from the Snapfile site. This took a little longer to analyze the registry, but found about twice as many "invalid entries". Again, about $20 was required to clean these.
Are any of these programs reliable, and if so which can be recommended?

rawprawn 10:58 31 Jul 04

Regseeker is the best I know, it is safe and it is free click here

wotbus@ 10:59 31 Jul 04

I have used RegCleaner for more than a year and found it to be very useful (and free). click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:45 31 Jul 04

I have use dRegseeker on many computers and have deleted EVERYTHING that it finds with no adverse effects. It stores the deleted entries in a quarantine file so that you can reverse the process if necessary....it will not be necessary.

G

sattman 11:53 31 Jul 04

I use reseeker with confidence. Have to run it about once per week and it finds rubbish everytime.

TommyRed 12:14 31 Jul 04

I also run RegSeeker and have never had any problems. I have used another, might have been RegCleaner, but had to restore what it had cleaned due to problems encountered. HTH TR

Rogerfredo 12:23 31 Jul 04

Thanks for all replies. RegSeeker it is!

Chris the Ancient 13:34 31 Jul 04

In light of all those glowing reports, added to my system as a replacement/addition to RegCleaner.

Graham ® 13:40 31 Jul 04

After Regseeker, you may want to run Regcompact:

click here

Chris the Ancient 13:50 31 Jul 04

It *may* be imagination, but booting up seems quicker with both RegSeeker and RegCompact having been loaded and run!

And one or two other bits seem to run a bit quicker.

Graham ® 14:06 31 Jul 04

I'm sure it does! This reminded me to run them. I'd recently uninstalled Irfanview and it left almost 100 registry entries! It's a useful program, but it does get invasive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes