Registry cleaners

Rogerfredo 10:51 31 Jul 04

I downloaded a registry cleaning program from the "Fresh Download" site mentioned in this forum.
When I tried it out, it found 67 invalid entries in my Win XP registry. However, in order to "clean" these, I would have had to register and pay about $20.
I thought I would try out some other programs first. I then down loaded "Registry Medic" from the Snapfile site. This took a little longer to analyze the registry, but found about twice as many "invalid entries". Again, about $20 was required to clean these.
Are any of these programs reliable, and if so which can be recommended?

rawprawn 10:58 31 Jul 04

Regseeker is the best I know, it is safe and it is free click here

wotbus@ 10:59 31 Jul 04

I have used RegCleaner for more than a year and found it to be very useful (and free). click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:45 31 Jul 04

I have use dRegseeker on many computers and have deleted EVERYTHING that it finds with no adverse effects. It stores the deleted entries in a quarantine file so that you can reverse the process if necessary....it will not be necessary.

G

sattman 11:53 31 Jul 04

I use reseeker with confidence. Have to run it about once per week and it finds rubbish everytime.

TommyRed 12:14 31 Jul 04

I also run RegSeeker and have never had any problems. I have used another, might have been RegCleaner, but had to restore what it had cleaned due to problems encountered. HTH TR

Rogerfredo 12:23 31 Jul 04

Thanks for all replies. RegSeeker it is!

Chris the Ancient 13:34 31 Jul 04

In light of all those glowing reports, added to my system as a replacement/addition to RegCleaner.

Graham ® 13:40 31 Jul 04

After Regseeker, you may want to run Regcompact:

click here

Chris the Ancient 13:50 31 Jul 04

It *may* be imagination, but booting up seems quicker with both RegSeeker and RegCompact having been loaded and run!

And one or two other bits seem to run a bit quicker.

Graham ® 14:06 31 Jul 04

I'm sure it does! This reminded me to run them. I'd recently uninstalled Irfanview and it left almost 100 registry entries! It's a useful program, but it does get invasive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…