registry cleaner

TheHacienda 09:55 24 Mar 09

Mornin
I've jst downloaded Eusing free registry cleaner, now before i use it,can i knacker anything up and if anything goes wrong can i use system restore?
and probably most of all - do they help in any way?

oldbeefer2 10:00 24 Mar 09

Most people would suggest you start off with CCleaner, and see how that goes. It's a proven safe cleaner (and also free).

birdface 10:22 24 Mar 09

You could try Winaso Optimizer[free] It only repairs 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.It also does an automatic back up.Its better than C Cleaner and Eusing.Well in my opinion it is.I have heard eusing can be a bit severe with what it removes but I have not used it myself.

click here

birdface 10:48 24 Mar 09

Definately would not run Reg Cure.Not unless it has improved in the last few years.better with the freebies.You run it then you have to pay for it to remove what it finds.

provider 2 12:27 24 Mar 09

Best to use Ccleaner Reg Cleaner if you are new to this procedure.

It`s proven safe, will prompt you to make a backup and if anything goes wrong you can find it in My Documents then right-click and press Merge to put it back as it was before.

That said, I do use Eusing occasionally and have had no problems with it.

DieSse 13:49 24 Mar 09

I use Wise Registry Cleaner.

It will make you a complete backup of the registry, and also backs up any changes it makes, for easy recovery.

I've also found it very safe to use, and simple to understand. There's a free and a "Pro" version - I use the free one frequently, and it never upsets any of my settings.

click here

There's also a Disk Cleaner which is excellent, and I use that more frequently. I like to keep the operations separate, as disk cleaning is better done more often than the registry.

gazzaho 14:20 24 Mar 09

I've been advised on these forums that Eusing free registry cleaner is relativly non aggressive. I don't use it myself, or any other registry cleaner for that matter as I've had bad experiences in the past using them, the only one I now trust is CCleaner.

Before using any registry cleaner I would make a backup of the registry, either manually or through the program itself, make sure you know where it's saved and how to restore it in the event of things going wrong. Also don't delete the backup for a few weeks after doing the clean as a problem may not appear immediately. If you notice a program you use infrequently no longer runs the cause may be related to the removal of registry items that the cleaner removed.

alexartox 11:38 28 Apr 09

Try the list of registry cleaners I found on the web:

>> click here <<

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5