Registry cleaner

123joey123 12:07 19 Oct 07

Anyone know a good freeware registry cleaner? Lots on the internet claim to be freeware but when downloaded there's usually a snag.

crosstrainer 12:11 19 Oct 07

Use this

click here

But be careful, it is a powerful app, so examine what it's going to delete before you click the clean button!

birdface 12:22 19 Oct 07

You can use Winaso registry Optimizer trial edition.It will only repair 10 items at a time, But you can run it as often as you like. it also has a registry defrag with it if you want to use it.click here

wee eddie 12:56 19 Oct 07

I use RegScrubXP. How ever I am no expert.

It appears to do a job and has caused me no problems so far

VideoSentry 13:42 19 Oct 07

CCleaner has one that works for Me ( or at least it has not bust anything!)
Brian

snoopygirl 13:46 19 Oct 07

works great for me to cccleaner

stylehurst 13:55 19 Oct 07

Have a look at Eusing Free Reg Cleaner it works well, but like all others check what it proposes to clean up.

keef66 14:05 19 Oct 07

I have been merrily deleting all that CCleaner identifies for several years without mishap. I recommend it to people on a regular basis.

Ventad 14:08 19 Oct 07

ccleaner has worked for me I used to use ccleaners backup but has always worked so now I hardly bother backing up unless there is a load of bits and peices

123joey123 14:11 19 Oct 07

Thanks all. That's great

cocteau48 16:21 19 Oct 07

An interesting point!
Yesterday I uninstalled Quicktime and replaced it with Quicktime Alternative.
I then did a registry sweep to find what Qucktime may have left behind.
CCleaner and Advanced Windows Care came up with virtually nothing.
The deep scan function of WinASO came up with over 570 redundant Quicktime related entries. Not wanting to run the prog 58 times to clear these at ten a time I also tried Reg Mechanic (I still have the freebie of version 5) and the deep scan function of that also came up with the same 570 Quicktime related entries.
It would appear on that basis that the much praised CCleaner and AWC are but scratching the surface.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…